If you’ve ever purchased a product online, chances are the product was either an affiliate product – where the site you found the product listed was actually a 3rd party person promoting the product – or it was the website’s own product, but one that you could become an affiliate of and promote it yourself.
Affiliate marketing is very popular on the Internet. It’s a way to promote other people’s products for a commission. From the product creators perspective, it’s great to have an army of affiliates going out promoting and selling your products, and from the affiliate marketer’s perspective it’s great to make money promoting a product that you didn’t have to create.
I’m going to let our guest blogger, Troy McDaniel, tell you more about affiliate marketing and how you can make money becoming an affiliate marketer.
Hello and thank you for the awesome welcome. I can’t wait to share a ton of information about affiliate marketing with you in the coming weeks.
The topics I’ll be covering for you in the next few weeks:
• Is affiliate marketing still an effective way to earn money in 2013?
• Understanding your audience & their needs
• Why having a mailing list is important even when you’re an affiliate
• Stop promoting (random) products and start promoting solutions
• Simple strategies for increasing your affiliate income
• Making the most of ad placement locations
• Why tracking clicks & sales is so important
• An important, yet often ignored part of affiliate marketing
• Effective ways to promote products
If you have no idea what I’m talking about, it’s okay. I will do my best to explain everything as the weeks go by. Be sure to sign up for the blog’s RSS feed or mailing list if you haven’t already so that you don’t miss a single blog post. I can’t wait to help you learn more about affiliate marketing and how to make it truly work for you.